Enterprise Products – Acadian-Haynesville Pipeline Extension
The Acadian Haynesville Pipeline Extension project is a 270-mile long natural gas pipeline extension that originates in Red River Parish, Louisiana (southeast of Shreveport) and terminates near Donaldsonville, Louisiana. The project, comprised of 30 and 36 diameter pipe, included two compressor stations and 30 metering stations between the cities of Shreveport and Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Reliable Controls Corporation provided Factory Acceptance Testing and Pre-commissioning services for the metering stations.
The Factory Acceptance Testing was performed at the contractors facility near Dallas, Texas and consisted of
- Equipment checkout of all devices that were installed at the factory
- Functional checkout of all equipment on the PLC and ROC
- Verifying that communications work between all available devices
- Complete checkout of equipment before shipping to site
Pre-commissioning activities were performed on-site and consisted of
- Inspection and functional checkout of all equipment after construction
- Testing and verifying communications between all devices upon completion of construction
- Validation sheets for all devices verified during pre-commissioning were documented and provided to the client in the Turn Over Package
The project was challenging due to a dynamic construction schedule and the fact that the stations were spread out over a large area. Reliable Controls project team responded to the clients needs and successfully completed the project for a successful and timely 1st Start of Service.